Standard 1 – Mission Statement
(Conforms to Standards 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 & 1.1s)
- Avicenna Medical and Dental College is regulated by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council as constituted under Medical & Dental Council Ordinance 1962. The Council has successfully laid down the minimum standards as per their mission which reads as under:
Mission of Pakistan Medical & Dental Council
- To safeguard public interest, PM&DC has been given a mission to establish uniform minimum standard of basic & higher qualifications in Medicine & Dentistry throughout Pakistan.
- The Pakistan Medical & Dental Council is a futuristic organization that besides laying down the minimum standards and exercising vigilance in monitoring of standard of institutions, envisions to development of protocols for Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Continuous Medical Education (CME) while giving valuable contribution in the hosting of National/International Conferences, Symposiums to make it a leading medical regulatory authority.
(Authority PM&DC Webiste www.pmdc.org.pk)
- The Avicenna Medical and Dental College will live up to the name and reputation of "Abu Ali Sina Balkhi (Latin Name Avicenna)" and be a model of excellence for the quality and innovation of its education programs, clinical services and research. Our medical and dental institution will continually strive to exceed the expectations of its patients, students, residents, and local community by constantly improving the services it provides with enthusiasm, teamwork and creativity. In doing so, Avicenna Medical and Dental College aligns itself to the vision of its Affiliating University, i.e., University of Health Sciences (UHS).
Standard 1.1: Alignment of the vision of Avicenna Medical and Dental College with University of Health Sciences (UHS).
- Our vision is to become a medical college that thrives to achieve improvement in healthcare of masses through creative delivery of educational programs, innovative research, commitment to public service and community engagement in a conducive environment that supports diversity, inclusion, creative thinking, life-long learning, social accountability and respect for all.
The Avicenna Medical and Dental College motto is "GOODNESS PREVAILS"
- The institution strives to implement and align with the vision spelled out by the University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore, which aims to cultivate excellence in academics and research and development of a diverse talented workforce for achievement of standards of health sciences. The college shadows the University of Health Sciences’ high standard of professionalism, ethics, integrity and compassion while encouraging research at all levels as per the University policy.
Standard 1.2: Institutional commitment to social accountability, achievement of competencies and attention to health needs of Pakistan.
- The mission of Avicenna Medical and Dental College is to educate and produce competent, research oriented healthcare professionals with professional commitment and passion for life-long learning from a group of motivated students through quality education, research and service delivery for the improvement of health status of the general population.
- This, we believe is possible by creating conducive environment for students to learn, to observe and to experience quality medical care delivery and ensuring policies and processes for inducing an understanding of the role of doctors in healthcare system thus catering to the healthcare needs of the society, the communities of Pakistan. The Health Professional Education we impart forms the foundation for life-long learning, post-graduation and future career choices for the medical students nationally and internationally.
- The Medical and Dental College follows a well-designed program for personal development and grooming of students so that they become a useful member of the society and community, maintaining a strong sense of social accountability. The emphasis is on appropriate professional and interpersonal behavior and conduct in a co-education set-up. The display and growth of attributes of dignity, truthfulness, poise and traits of a man and gentle-lady by students receive special attention.
- The Avicenna Medical and Dental College and Avicenna hospital provide free and affordable healthcare services to a large segment of the community (85 villages) who depend on this institution for their healthcare needs. The institution through Community Healthcare Program runs mobile clinics for the rural population to provide medical and dental care as well as health education to inculcate awareness on various health issues and hygiene amongst the local healthcare providers in the community and the population at large.
- The Mission of the institution is well aligned with the UHS for qualitative and quantitative revolution in medical education and research through evolution and thereby improve healthcare delivery to the populace. UHS and our institution aim to be innovative global health centers of excellence in learning and research, supporting a community of scholars and professionals committed to serving society, promoting the development of students to reach their true potential in becoming competent, ethical, caring and inquiring health professionals for the benefit of the country and the wider world.
Standard 1.3: Participation of stakeholders (faculty members, staff, students, university, health ministry officials) in the development of Vision and Mission of Avicenna Medical and Dental College.
- The Vision and Mission of Avicenna Medical and Dental College were developed at the time of inception of the institute with discussion, taking opinions and ideas and agreement of all the stakeholders’ i.e the faculty, students and the staff. Formulation of the Vision and Mission of our institution is based on the vision and mission of the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC), UHS and Ministry of Health.
Standard 1.4: Vision and Mission is known to all stakeholders
- The Vision, Mission and core values of Avicenna Medical and Dental College are communicated through a variety of channels and are known to all the stakeholders. These are inscribed on screens in the medical college, dental college and the hospital buildings and through the Prospectus, the Website and in Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) manuals of every department of the institution.
Standard 1.1s: The Mission of Avicenna Medical and Dental College is to aim at a Commitment of Professional Development and to Life-Long Learning by its Faculty and Students
- The administration, faculty, staff and students of Avicenna Medical and Dental College are committed to provide quality health care services conforming to our valued patients’ requirements. This, we believe is possible by:
- Complying with requirements of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC), Minimum Service Delivery Standards (MSDS), Quality Management System (QMS), thus showing commitment for effective continual improvement processes for patient satisfaction.
- The institution maintains a team of skilled and qualified faculty members who are given opportunities of professional development and life-long learning through continuous and on-going Professional Faculty Development Program
- Continuous application and acquisition of innovative technology is done in order to provide opportunity to its faculty and student for efficient professional development and life-long learning through multi-lateral means.
- All the stake holders/departments set plans, implement, review and improve their quality objectives to meet the college and hospitals overall benchmark.
The College vision and mission has been disseminated to all stakeholders via website www.avicennamch.com , is in the prospectus of the college and his been displayed at various locations of the campus
The vision of Avicenna Medical & Dental College is to become a college that thrives to achieve improvement in healthcare of masses through creative delivery of educational programs, innovative research, commitment to public service and community engagement in a environment that supports diversity, inclusion, creative thinking, social accountability, life-long learning and respect for all.
The mission of Avicenna Medical and Dental College is to educate and produce competent, research oriented healthcare professionals with professional commitment and passion for life-long learning from a group of motivated students through quality education, research and service delivery for the improvement of health status of the general population.